INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN- The practice of creating instructional experiences which make the acquisition of knowledge and skill more efficient, effective, and appealing. The process consists broadly of determining the current state and needs of the learner, defining the end goal of instruction, and creating some "intervention" to assist in the transition. Ideally the process is informed by pedagogically (process of teaching) and andragogically (adult learning) tested theories of learning and may take place in student-only, teacher-led or community-based settings.There are many instructional design models but many are based on the ADDIE model with the five phases: analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation. As a field, instructional design is historically and traditionally rooted in cognitive and behavioral psychology, though recently Constructivism (learning theory) has influenced thinking in the field.
SWEENEY MULTIMEDIA PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN RELATED SERVICES:
- Instructional Design- We collaborate with faculty to create, improve and publish online courses. This includes consulting with faculty members on instructional design and course content and optimizing course materials for online delivery. Instructional Designers work with Multimedia Designers to ensure all online courses reflect the highest quality. In addition, Instructional Designers provide continuous course improvement and enhancements by coupling the ADDIE instructional design model, backward design with a quality review process for periodic review of ongoing online courses.
- Multimedia Design- We work with Instructional Designer to design, develop and maintain online courses. We create photography, videography, photo illustration, graphic design and web design. In addition, we continuously evaluate course design software and consult Instructional Designers on the best use of technology to enhance learning outcomes and engagement in online courses.
- Faculty Training & Professional Development- Sweeney Multimedia makes navigating the online learning environment easy for faculty members by providing in-depth training on learning management systems and pedagogy for online course instruction. Our professional development program is designed to increase awareness and implementation of best practices for online instruction. We administer the training program through a blended learning approach designed to impart technical knowledge, coach instructors on best practices and boost instructors’ comfort level in teaching in an online environment.
- Teaching/Classroom Visitation- Helping students and teachers meet the following standards:
- ISTE's NETS Standards
- Massachusetts Department of Secondary and Elementary Education, Technology Literacy Standards and Expectations
- Learning Management Administration- We have 18 years of experience with learning management systems such as Web CT, Blackboard, Angel, Desire2Learn, Canvas and Moodle.
- Consulting- We offer consulting services on all aspects of educational technology.